Finding the Right Headlight Bulb Fitting for Your Car
Replacing car headlights is essential to ensure road safety – so, what bulbs do you need for your vehicle? It all depends on your exact make, model and year of manufacture. With a lot of factors to consider when looking for the right bulb replacement, it can be difficult to select one that fits properly! That’s why this guide exists; we’ll help identify which headlight bulbs are best suited for your automobile. Keep reading below if you want more information on how to determine the correct bulb type.
What bulbs does my car need?
At PowerBulbs we stock a vast array of bulbs to fit a wide range of vehicles. From standard to high performance and halogen to HID – we’ve got you covered.
Along with all of the different kinds of bulbs, there are also different fittings, depending on your vehicle make and model. A fitting refers to the shape and size of the base of the bulb.
There are a few different ways that you can find out what fitting your car needs for the particular type of bulb you want to purchase. The easiest way to find out what bulbs will fit your car is to use our registration input tool or online bulb finder alongside your vehicle handbook.
You can find bulbs online using our bulb finder
To find out what bulb type, size and fitting you need for your vehicle, take a look at our easy-to-use online bulb finder.
For example, if you were looking to purchase bulbs for a Ford Fiesta 2009 model, you just need to follow these steps:
- Go to the online bulb finder – you can find it on the PowerBulbs homepage.
- Select ‘Ford’ as the make, ‘Fiesta’ as the model and ‘2008 – 2012’ as the model year.
- You’ll then be taken to a page similar to this that indicates the fittings that you need for each type of light.
- Double check this information in the vehicle handbook. This will have the most up-to-date guidance for your vehicle.
- Once you’ve figured out the fitting, you can then browse by fitting through clicking on the button next to which light you’re wanting to replace (check out the image below).
What if you can’t find the fitting details for your car?
With new models constantly entering the market, it’s not always possible for us to have data on all existing vehicles. If you can’t find your desired vehicle in our online bulb finder tool, we recommend that you consult your vehicle handbook or contact the manufacturer for advice. Additionally, if necessary, take out the bulb and examine its casing as well; there may be ample information available here too!